A good way to keep your valuables hidden is right in plain sight. That’s easily done with a proper diversion safe.
What makes for a good diversion safe is something that looks like a regular item, perhaps one you can pick up and take with you as needed and no one would think twice about it. So, we researched dozens of these safes before settling on 14 quality products.
If you’re ready to find the best diversion safes on the market, take a look at our top picks.
Best Diversion Safes:
1. Book Safe with Combination Lock – Jssmst Home Dictionary Diversion Metal Safe Lock Box
The Book Safe from Jssmst is available in multiple colors, and it even comes in small or large. On the outside, it looks like a common dictionary so you can place it on your bookshelf and it can blend with ease. It features a Combination Lock using metal dials, and inside, you can fit several small items or a handgun.
Consumers appreciate this as a large diversion safe that fits well into a bookshelf. They also praise that the cover feels as soft as a real book for better realism.
For concerns, some people mentioned that the numbers on the dial are a bit small and might be hard for some to read.
- Good believable design
- A good amount of room inside
- Numbers might be difficult to read
2. Southern Homewares Lint Roller Secret Hidden Diversion Safe Money Jewelry Storage Home Security
The Lint Roller Secret Hidden Diversion Safe is functional in more ways than one. For starters, it works well as a stash safe for things like money, small jewelry, a USB drive, or even keys. Secondly, it’s a real lint roller so a would-be thief won’t think twice about it if they pick it up.
Many consumers enjoy how discreet this is since you can use it as a lint roller. There’s more space than expected inside too for a good amount of emergency cash, a flash drive, or anything else small.
At the same time, others felt it could be made bigger, in general, to better match the size of common lint rollers.
- Dual-purpose design
- More room than anticipated inside
- Cap is a bit tough to remove
- Might benefit from being bigger
3. Diversion Water Bottle Can Safe by Stash-it, Stainless Steel Tumbler with Hiding Spot for Money
This Diversion Water Bottle Can be Safe from Stash-it can be used at home or on the go. The safe is dual purpose too since the top half can be filled with water and with the air-tight seal, it’s leak-proof so your valuables remained protected at the bottom.
Consumers praise that this is a diversion safe for travel since it looks and functions like a real stainless steel water bottle. It appears smell-proof too, and with a decent amount of weight to it, it can pass if someone else happens to pick it up.
Some people did feel though that the bottom metal lid that protects the safe compartment could be more durable.
- Authentic stainless steel design
- Good leak-proof protection
- Can use as a water bottle
- The lid feels a bit flimsy
4. RamPro Hide-a-Spare-Key Fake Rock – Looks & Feels like Real Stone – Safe for Outdoor Garden or Yard, Geocaching
The RamPro Hide-a-Spare-Key Fake Lock is a classic diversion safe for a spare key that you can place outside near your front door or somewhere in your garden. Since it’s intended for outdoor use, it’s windproof and weatherproof.
Several consumers spoke highly about this key lock box and how well it conceals outside with other rocks. It’s a simple, affordable way to hide a spare key for family or friends.
There are complaints though about the lack of a real bottom as the only thing covering the key is plastic.
- Fake rock conceals well
- Holds up against the weather
- Works with various keys such as house keys or car keys
- The plastic covering doesn’t always fit flush with the rock
5. Hanger Diversion Safe by Stash-it, Hidden Pocket Safe, Fits Under Hanging Clothes with Pocket to Hide Valuables for Home or Travel
The Stash-it Hanger Diversion Safe fits under your hanging clothes so you can tuck valuables away in your closet. It has a good storage capacity with a wide opening to fit larger items like documents as well as a smaller pocket inside. This is made from double-stitched nylon and can hold up to 20 lbs.
There have been many compliments about the amount of room provided in the safe garment bag as consumers noted it being able to hold money, passports, documents, and a handgun. As long as it’s covered, it blends well among your other clothes.
However, consumers mentioned that it’s high, so you would need a coat or something big to cover it all up.
- Two separate compartments
- Material feels durable
- Has a large weight capacity
- Sits too high for some clothing to properly hide it away
6. Mantle Clock Safe Concealment Hidden Storage Compartment
The Mantle Clock Safe conceals your valuables well through the disguise of a simple clock. It features an attractive walnut finish, and with the functioning quartz timepiece, guests or thieves may not give it a second glance. Behind the face of the clock is the hidden compartment. It’s magnetically latched and features felt interior lining.
Consumers praise the space available with some noting that it’s deep enough to hold a handgun along with the magazine. The construction is well done also, and the walnut finish along with the real clock movement helps it blend in.
Concerning any complaints, some users claim that on closer inspection, you can see that the front opens as the seal isn’t completely tight.
- Storage is deep
- Quality wood with a well-made finish
- Realistic clock function
- The seal around the door doesn’t fit flush
7. Southern Homewares Hair Brush Secret Hidden Diversion Safe Money Jewelry Storage Home Security
This Hair Brush Hidden Diversion Safe is a dual-purpose safe that can sit in plain sight right on your dresser. It’s among other secret diversion safes that can function in your day-to-life since it acts like a real hairbrush. Removing the false top reveals the small compartment that can fit small things like money or jewelry.
Among the praise for this product, consumers enjoy how it looks like a simple, normal brush. They also like how the hidden compartment is big enough to fit multiple bills of money.
Some have mentioned that the brush is a touch delicate, however, so you may have to take caution if using it as a real brush.
- Good, realistic brush design
- Easy to get items in and out
- The compartment inside is spacious
- The brush could be more durable
8. Coca Cola Coke Soda Can Diversion Stash Safe Model: Office Supply Store
When it comes to unique safes, this Coca-Cola Soda Can Diversion Safe Stash stands out for all the right reasons. Since it resembles a real can of Coke, a thief doing a quick search in your home may not realize it’s a real safe. The top part pulls off to reveal a compartment inside that can fit some small valuable items.
Consumers appreciate this distinctive diversion safe that turns a Coke can into a small hidden compartment. It looks real enough that a casual glance probably won’t net suspicion with some users saying they can stash it in the refrigerator without worry.
There are others that say the lid may come off too easily or even on its own when moved through.
- Real Coke can for realism
- Easy to stash money inside
- Holds up well inside the refrigerator
- The lid seems to come off too easily
9. US Patrol Hidden Wall Safe Secret Stash Electrical Plug
The US Patrol Hidden Wall Safe is a quality disguised safe that resembles a normal electrical outlet. It’s made from high-impact plastic and metal, and once you install it, it can pivot out with ease. For setup, it comes with a cutout saw so you can get it into the wall in minutes.
Consumers view this as a simple safe that easily hides away a handful of small valuables. It comes with what you need to make a cutout in your wall and install it in no time.
Some users did say that since it features mainly plastic in its construction, it’s questionable how long it will hold up over time.
- Electronic wall outlet style
- Easy setup process
- Adequate amount of space
- Durability is questionable
10. Photo Picture Frame Diversion Safe – Mini Safe Box with Hidden Secret Compartment to stash your Money, Cash, Jewelry, or Herbs. Perfect for Home Security.
This Picture Frame Diversion Safe is a quality inconspicuous safe that can sit out in plain sight with ease. It comes in two different sizes so that you can fit various pictures inside for proper concealment of the safe.
Since it functions as a normal picture frame, it’s generally undetectable as a safe by the naked eye. Once opened, there’s a good-sized storage compartment.
Consumers praise this secret safe box as a wonderful decoy to keep out in the open. You can put in your own picture so that it blends better, and the interior has enough room to hold multiple items.
There are some concerns about the longevity of the frame though as consumers mention the material doesn’t feel that high in quality.
- Can personalize the photograph in the frame
- Deep, spacious interior
- Padding inside prevents contents from rattling around
- The build doesn’t feel that high in quality
11. Key Diversion Safe by Stash-it, Hidden Secret Compartment, Stash Box, Discreet Decoy Car Key Fob to Hide and Store Money at Festivals and While Traveling, Valuables
This Key Diversion Safe by Stash-it is a portable safe that you can take with you wherever you need to go. There’s just enough size to fit small items, while on the outside, it resembles a common remote car key fob.
Many people recommend this as a good diversion safe for car use thanks to its key fob design. It features a big enough interior for minor, small items. The safe has just enough weight to it to feel like a real key too.
Others did feel that it doesn’t conceal enough as you can’t press the buttons.
- The key fob design looks authentic
- The compartment is easy to open
- Could benefit from buttons that you can press
12. PartyBottle Diversion Safe Bottle Stash Can w/ Smell-Proof Stash Bag by HumanFriendly – Ultra-Discrete, Authentic Looking Water Bottle Stash Container with Smell-Proof Bag
The PartyBottle Diversion Safe is among the best stash cans that can serve as a wonderful portable decoy. It’s a fully functional water bottle that you can travel with and no one would realize you have a safe. The safe is smell-proof too and doesn’t have any loud, obvious sounds like a giveaway.
Consumer reviews mention that the safe stash bottle has a good amount of depth to store a few items like multiple bills of money. It’s straightforward to use, and it blends effortlessly if you take it on the go.
Some consumers did say that the cap doesn’t have a tight seal, so there’s a chance it’s not as leak-proof as it should be.
- Deep compartment
- Good diversion water bottle design
- Contents don’t make much sound
- Cap could seal better
13. Phillips Head Screwdriver Security Container – Diversion Safe Stash Safe
The Phillips Head Screwdriver Security Container is an effortless way to stash some emergency cash or other small handheld items. It utilizes a working screwdriver as a diversion, and it is a good weight that it won’t seem obvious as a safe if someone else picks it up.
Many consumers spoke about how well it conceals valuables and the fact that it acts like a real screwdriver so it can blend in better in various places around your home.
They did say that, at times, the lid can pop off a bit too easily.
- Easy to get valuables in and out
- Common tool decoy design
- A good amount of weight to it
- The lid doesn’t always screw on tight
14. Wall Clock with Hidden Safe Storage Space, COPACHI 10 Inch Round Quartz Clock Large Black Figures Live with Battery Operated Ideal for Home,Kitchen
This COPACHI Wall Clock with Hidden Personal Storage takes a regular household item and transforms it into a proper concealed safe. It uses a classic design so it doesn’t stand out too much, and it even acts like a functional clock. Inside, there are three shelves with two dividers to hold your valuables.
Consumers speak highly of this wall clock hidden safe since the clock works well to better conceal the safe behind it. Also, with multiple shelves, you can organize your valuables.
The back is a touch bulky though, so you may have to take care in hanging it so that it isn’t obvious.
- Shelving system for organizing
- Easy to hang
- Good clock functionality
- The back is bulky and may stick out
Making the Decision
Diversion safes are a great way to keep your valuables secured right out in the open. From our list, we encourage you to check out the Book Safe with Combination Lock as the top cheap diversion safe. It can blend with ease into your bookshelf, and it even feels like a real book.
Feel free to explore the safe yourself, or take a look at the other ones on our list, to see if it’s best for your home.