Curious little minds always find a way to stick their fingers where they do not belong. The last thing you want is for your precious child to get his or her hands in a drawer that your little tyke is not supposed to access.
This can result in detrimental consequences, especially if the child ends up ingesting toxic substances or if the same child messes with important documents. To become responsible parents, you must find ways and means to protect your kids from themselves.
After all, there is a saying that curiosity killed the cat. Thus, it is important to ensure that your cabinets remain securely locked to keep your young ones safe and sound. Consider the following options below for the best magnetic cabinet locks available in the market today.
Best Magnetic Cabinet Locks:
1. Vmaisi Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks
This magnetic cabinet lock from Vmaisi Safety belongs to the list of best baby magnetic cabinet locks because it is simple to install, stays hidden to keep your cabinets’ style, and provides number one security to keep your kids safe.
This multipurpose lock can be installed anywhere, from kitchen cabinets, bathroom drawers, under-the-sink storage areas, laundry room cabinets, and more. The Baby Proofing Cabinet Locks are patented with an innovative design that allows you to keep your children safe without having to drill any holes.
The lock is powered by a magnetic, making it a lot easy to use. It comes with a 3M adhesive that will keep it hidden without affecting the look of the cabinet or leaving unsightly residue.
Overall, this is a great product that you can work with to ensure that your kids are safe. They don’t break the bank and each order comes with 12, so it offers real value for money.
- Very easy to install coming with its own installation template to ensure everything will work smoothly.
- Can be easily used with the provided adhesive.
- This is an extra-strong magnet that works on .75 to 2 inches of a cabinet door.
- It comes with a set of 12 locks so you can adequately secure most of your cabinets or drawers.
- The locking mechanism can be quickly turned off when your baby is not in the house and is staycationing with grandma.
- This lock won’t work on a metal cabinet door or drawer, so avoid installing it even near metal parts like a knob or handle.
- The effectiveness of the adhesive depends greatly on the surface of the cabinet you are attaching it to.
- The instruction manual that comes with it is quite hard to decipher.
2. Child Safety Cabinet Locks Latches
This child safety lock for Vkania is a spring lock that will keep your tots safe as they explore the adult world. This fairly straightforward lock can fit a variety of furnishings in your home from cupboards, drawers, cabinets, and the like. Its invisible design feature makes it blend easily with your cabinets.
On top of that, since these locks are installed from within, they will also not attract your baby’s attention. There is no key needed to unlock this lock, so no worries about losing that to unlock your cabinet. Each package includes 12 safety latches, 12 pieces of buckles, and 48 pieces of screws. It also comes with a super-strong adhesive that can accommodate 25 kilos without any issues.
This multipurpose product will be a great addition to your home. It is also very affordable, so you can use it without feeling the pain in your wallet.
- This child safety latch comes with an invisible design that works to keep your cabinets in their pristine form.
- The product is very easy to install and won’t give you a headache.
- It offers the best protection to keep your babies and pets away from stuff that they should not be touching.
- No key is needed so you never have to worry about losing it.
- The adhesive was noted to not work well. Those cabinets that are used often have the latches falling off at a much faster rate. The adhesives’ sticky power does not last long at all.
3. Safety 1ˢᵗ Adhesive Magnetic Lock System
Safety 1st is known for being one of the number one brands that cater to children’s needs. Once again, they come up with a quality product that makes it into the safety baby magnetic cabinet locks review. This has been toddler tested in a laboratory and home set-up, and it truly works in keeping your child’s curious and nosy character away from your cabinets and drawers.
Each order comes with 8 locks that are self-adhesive. It also comes with two keys that you need to unlock the magnetic latch of the lock. You can easily keep the key high above out of your child’s reach until such time comes when you need it to open a door or drawer.
Only consider this product if you have a good memory and hardly ever lose your keys. Otherwise, stay far away because it will cause you endless frustration trying to remember where that blasted keys are.
- There are no tools required to install this. Just peel the adhesive and stick it to the place you like.
- The locks are installed from within so it does not affect the aesthetics of your cabinet.
- It comes with a plastic template to help guide you and ensure that your lock is aligned well.
- When your child is with granny, you can opt to have this disengaged, for the time being, so you don’t have to fret about the keys all the time.
- This passed with flying colors with the Dorel Juvenile test for strength.
- This product comes with two magnetic keys, so you can unlock your cabinet doors or drawers. Unfortunately, if you lose the keys, you will struggle to open it.
4. Child Safety Magnetic Cabinet Locks – Norjews
This magnetic Latch Kit by Sayla Homes offers protection for your children. After all, if they do manage to weasel their way into your cabinet or drawer, the man to blame is you. If they end up smashing all your precious china, then you only have yourself to blame because you did not take the necessary measures to keep things locked.
Responsible parents have made it their mission to keep curious kids safe. It comes in a set of 12 with all the proper equipment to help you with installation. With their attention to detail, childproofing your home has never been this easy.
This product is a great one that will keep your kids protected. Of course, nothing will ever compensate for the additional adult supervision, so you have to make sure you will not be complacent even with this product’s installation.
- This product comes with high-quality premium magnets that are able to offer long-lasting magnetism to ensure that those doors will really stay closed.
- Strong magnetic penetration is provided up to two inches thick.
- The set of magnets it comes with is the kind that’s resistant to corrosion.
- This lock is versatile and can fit 99% of cabinets out here in the market now, offering you peace of mind.
- The sticky tape it comes equipped with did not last very long.
5. Invisible Magnetic Cabinet Locks Child Safety Kit, Secure Kitchen & Bedroom Cabinets
This My Quality Product comes with a no-drill and no-fuss installation procedure. This lock will keep your children safe and prevent them from accessing your cabinets and drawers that can contain harmful cleaning supplies, dangerous products, medicine, sharp tools, and the like.
This My Quality Product makes your child’s safety a priority with extra strong magnets that can accommodate even larger thick cabinets. This remains totally hidden within the interiors of the cabinet doors or drawers, so there is no eyesore to deter from the beauty of your home’s aesthetics.
The best part is if you need to remove them, they leave no scratches or ugly residue on the surface of your furniture.
- This comes with an adjustable lock that you can disengage if the baby is not around. The lock/unlock function comes with an easy flick of a lever.
- Easy installation, provided that you read the manual with its step-by-step guide.
- The strong hidden lock will keep your baby safe without damaging the aesthetics of your home because there is no drilling required.
- Anyone, even newbies can install and operate this product. No special tools or hardware are needed, just use the sticky adhesive strip to glue the product to wherever you desire.
- Apart from getting the locks, they throw in the bonus of 4 socket covers and 4 table corner protectors, so you can get your money’s worth.
- This product comes with a lifetime guarantee. If you are also not happy with it, they will gladly refund your money.
- They do not hold up long and start peeling off after some time.
- Once they are unable to stick properly, it makes it very difficult to open the drawer or cabinet door. You will end up rubbing the magnetic key on your cabinet door which can cause some surface scratches.
- The magnetic keys that come with it can easily break apart into three pieces if you accidentally drop them.
- Be sure not to leave magnets on your fridge door because if your little one is a smart cookie, he or she can use these magnets to open the cabinet doors and drawers.
6. Jambini Magnetic Cabinet Locks
These invisible magnetic locks stay hidden from your eyes because they are installed within the interior drawers and cabinet doors. These can be easily installed with the 3M adhesive strips that come with the product.
The locks can be easily disengaged if you’re child is not around, so you can gain easy access to your cabinets and drawers. Customers are happy with these great locks that are easy to install in childproof cabinets. They love that they don’t have to drill cabinets to get the security that they need for their babies.
If you do not intend to install a lot of locks, this product may work for you.
- No drilling is needed so you protect your cabinets from holes. This is very easy to install with the adhesive tape that comes with the products.
- This is completely invisible making sure that it is concealed from everyone including your curious kid. It is able to offer child protection without being an eyesore.
- This ensures that your cabinets and drawers are off-limits to your children giving you the sense of security to let them roam freely in your house.
- This versatile product works on all cabinet and drawer types.
- This only comes with 4 locks and 1 key, so be sure to add things up so you can get the real cost if you need a lot of locks.
- The one key is a bit of an issue because people tend to misplace or forget where they place their keys.
- The magnetic latch will not work on thicker cabinet doors.
Keeping your baby secure is its topmost priority, so you will have peace of mind in your own home. As parents, it is impossible to have your eyes glued to your child permanently, so you will need to take the necessary precautions in creating a safe haven for your child.
By choosing amongst these best magnetic cabinet locks and installing them in your home, you can ascertain that your curious child will never be able to open something that he or she should not have access to.
The best part about these modern locks, you don’t have to drill any holes. Moreover, they are safely tucked away and hidden, so they don’t ruin the design features of your house.
The best value for money is the MQP Invisible Lock which comes with twenty locks and three keys. Of course, it is best to do your research, so you can compare and contrast the popular brands and get the ones that suit your needs and budget