When you have a new baby, one of the first things that you are going to need to purchase is a crib for the little one. Which crib will work for you and your baby? In this guide, I am going to review the best affordable baby cribs so that you don’t have to while you are trying to prepare for the new baby’s arrival.
I am a mother who has searched for a new crib several times, and I know what you need your crib to have when you are having a new baby. Let’s dive right in to see which of these cribs is best for your needs.
Best Affordable Cribs:
1. Delta Children Folding Portable Mini Baby Crib
If you have a small space, then this may be the crib for you. It is positioned on caster wheels that allow you to move it when you need it, and it folds up for convenient storage when you want to take it with you to travel.
This is a unit that grows with your baby, so you will not need to purchase multiple beds for them as they grow. The mattress is designed with two different height positions so that they cannot climb out of it as they grow.
Though this is a sturdy crib that is designed to last as long as your child needs it to, the crib has also been tested for lead and other elements that could be toxic to a new baby. It meets all ASTM and CPSC standards for safety as well, so you will not have to worry about your baby as they sleep.
Overall, those who have purchased this product like the compact size of the crib and how easily it can be assembled.
- It is very lightweight, which makes it easy to pick up and move.
- The compact size makes it easy to wheel through a doorway.
- The crib can be set up with ease.
- The mattress is a bit thin.
2. Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper Bedside Crib
For cheap, nice cribs, this bedside sleeper is an option that is worth looking into. It is a small crib that is designed to fold down on one side so that the cradle can be positioned next to the bed.
This will allow you to easily reach your baby to feed them and take care of their needs at night. There are seven height positions so that the crib can be adjusted to the height of your bed.
The bottom of the crib is stable, but it is on wheels so that you can easily move it. Both sides of the crib are made of mesh so that it is more breathable for the infant. This option is rated to be used until the baby is five months old so that it cannot pull itself into an upright position and fall out of the crib at night.
Most consumers like the sturdiness of the crib and that the wheels lock in place when you want to secure it.
- Easy to move around when you need it.
- The material is very durable, which makes it simple to clean.
- This crib is easy to assemble.
- The mattress is a bit on the stiffer side.
3. Dream On Me Synergy 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
If you are looking for the best affordable, convertible baby cribs, then this is an option worth considering for your home. This baby crib is designed to convert with your child as they grow. It converts from a crib to a toddler bed and a full-sized bed. For the full-sized bed, you will have to purchase the mattress separately as well as the frame.
The crib is designed to have two different positions to support the mattress. This will allow you to move the mattress so that your baby cannot climb out of the crib as they get older. The product was tested to ensure that it meets ASTM and CPSC standards for safety, which means that it is free from lead and other toxic materials that could harm your baby.
Many consumers love the minimalist look that the crib offers. They also love that the crib is sturdy and that assembling it is simple.
- The crib is a great height, and even shorter people will be able to reach the baby with ease.
- The rail has a plastic bite guard to protect your little one.
- The mattress offers a lot of support.
- The paint is not the best on the crib.
- The assembly instructions are not very clear.
4. Graco Travel Lite Crib
This is one of the affordable, modern cribs that any new parent should consider for their baby. The crib is designed as a bassinet that adjusts in height as your baby grows. The mattress is soft and quilted, and the sides of the unit are made out of an airy mesh material. There are wheels on the base of the crib that will allow you to move it with ease while it is set up.
The crib is designed to fold into a more compact size as well which will allow you to take it with you wherever you go. When the child is not sleeping, the unit can transform into a playard where they can move around without getting into trouble.
Many consumers who have purchased this crib love how easy it is to take on the go. It has wheels to move from room to room and folds up into an easier-to-carry size.
- The crib has a compact footprint that will not take up a lot of space.
- The lightweight design makes it easy to move.
- It converts into a playard that gives your child room to explore safely.
- The mesh on the sides needs to be airier.
- It is a bit large for traveling by plane.
5. DaVinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
If you are looking for cheap, convertible cribs, then this is an option that your child can use until they are at least a toddler. This crib is designed with bars that can adjust to accommodate your child’s needs.
In fact, it can convert into a toddler bed that has a lower mattress and security cars on three sides of the bed so that they do not roll out at night. It can also convert into a day bed that does not have a security bar in front of the mattress.
The mattress can be adjusted to four different locations as your child grows. This will ensure that they do not fall out of the crib because the mattress is too high and they can climb or lean over the bars. It meets all of the CPSC and ASTM standards for safety regarding a small child’s crib.
Many who have purchased this crib like that it’s a durable option that is sold at a low price.
- Assembling this crib is simple.
- It comes in a wide variety of color options that can match any room.
- It works as a bed until your child is preschool-aged because it converts.
- This crib does not come with a mattress.
6. Dream On Me 2-in-1 Lightweight Folding Portable Stationary Side Crib
For parents who are looking for budget cribs, this option from Dream on Me can be worth considering. It is a lightweight crib that can easily move from room to room because it is fitted with wheels that will make it a breeze. If you are taking it to another location, it can also be folded up and moved as well.
The mattress is designed to lower as your child grows. This will ensure that the child cannot fall out of the crib when they are tall enough to reach over the edge. The wheels on the crib are also designed to lock in place so that the crib does not move when the child is jumping and playing in the unit.
Parents who have purchased the crib seem to overall like the size of the crib and the low price point.
- The crib has a relatively compact size that fits in most spaces.
- The crib is easy to fold up for travel.
- This is a very sturdy crib that does not move, even though it is on wheels.
- The mattress is very thin and made of a foam material.
- It is challenging to assemble because the instructions are not the best.
7. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib
If you are looking for cheap baby cribs under $200, then this convertible option is a great deal to consider, and over time, it can help to save you some money. This crib is designed to convert into four different sleeping options that your child will grow into over time. It is designed to grow with the child from little up.
The crib mattress can be adjusted to four different levels, which means that even an active baby will not be able to climb over the railing if it’s set to the right height.
Then, when the baby grows more, it can be converted into a toddler bed, a day bed, and a twin-sized bed. This crib has a small footprint, which can make it easier to fit into your bedroom when the child is young. In addition, the crib was tested to make sure that it meets CPSC and ASTM safety standards.
Overall, consumers like the compact size of the crib for smaller spaces. They also like how easily the crib can be converted as your child grows from one stage to the next.
- The materials are solid, but they are not heavy to lift.
- The height adjustments make the crib useable for several years.
- The compact design will easily fit into a small apartment.
- The mattress that comes with the crib is more of a thin pad.
8. Delta Children Lancaster 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
This is an excellent option for parents who are looking for good, cheap cribs. This model is designed to grow with your baby as well, and it is sold at a very reasonable price. To start, the mattress in the crib will be positioned at three different heights that will accommodate your child as they grow so that they cannot be injured by falling out of the crib.
This crib will also be able to be converted into a toddler bed and a day bed that the child can use as they grow. The crib is JPMA certified, which means that your child’s safety comes first, and all of the CPSC and ASTM standards are followed. It has also been tested to make sure that there are no toxic chemicals present in the wood.
Most consumers agree that the quality of this crib is impressive, and it’s easy to assemble.
- This crib can be assembled relatively quickly.
- The material that the crib is constructed out of is sturdy enough to handle a toddler jumping.
- The crib has a compact design that will fit into small spaces easily.
- The instruction manual is relatively confusing to follow.
9. Dream On Me Violet 4-In-1 Convertible Mini Crib
The final crib that we are going to look at is another crib that has a compact size. It is small enough to fit into a small apartment or a parent’s bedroom without taking up too much space. This crib is also designed to convert as your child grows up. The mattress can be moved to three different positions to make sure that your child is safe in the crib.
The crib can also convert into a daybed that can be used when the child becomes a toddler. This crib has been tested for lead and other materials that could be toxic to a young child. It meets all of the ASTM and CPSC standards that the government has set for this type of product.
Most consumers have found that this is a good crib to consider, especially if you want to be able to use the crib for a more extended period. They also like the compact size of the crib.
- The smaller size of this crib is ideal for when the child is sleeping in the parent’s bedroom.
- The materials are very sturdy, even when the child learns to jump.
- This crib has a reasonable price point.
- This crib does not come with a mattress, so it must be purchased separately.
10. MiClassic All mesh 2in1 Stationary&Rock Bassinet One-Second Fold Travel Crib Portable Newborn Baby (Crystal)
One of the best affordable travel crib options that you can find on the market is this MiClassic 2-in-1 bassinet. The model is designed to be stationary, but if the baby needs to be soothed, the feet of the bassinet will adjust so that the unit can be rocked with ease.
The sides are made out of a breathable mesh material that will allow you to easily look in at your little ones as they are sleeping.
When you are ready to visit someone, you can take this option with you so that your baby has a comfortable place to nap during their travels. Using the quick pull system, you can easily fold up the bassinet in a matter of seconds.
Overall, most of the consumers who have purchased this crib think that it is a convenient option to travel with that allows your baby to have a comfortable place to sleep.
- The bassinet has a small footprint that can easily fit in most spaces.
- The lightweight crib is easy to transport.
- The bassinet can rock if your baby is fussy.
- The mesh sides ensure that your baby cannot suffocate in the crib.
- There is no storage space on this crib.
- The mattress cannot be removed, which can make it difficult to clean if your baby spits up.
All of the options that we have looked at in this guide are great options to consider when you are about to have a new baby. If you are looking for something small that can easily be taken with you when you travel, then consider the MiClassic 2-in-1 Bassinet. In fact, it can even be used to rock your baby if they are unsettled.
For a full-sized crib option, consider the Dream on Me 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, which is an option that will give you more use of the money that you spend. If you are planning on placing the crib next to your bed, then the Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper may be the best crib for your baby