A projector is a fun way to watch movies or any type of television. While projectors used to be large, bulky, and a hassle to install, the list of projectors available in today’s market is much more compact, user-friendly, and includes a ton of useful everyday features.
Some are even equipped with the ability to connect your smartphone and many other devices which enable you to watch whatever you want, wherever you want. And even better, it is very feasible to get a high-quality projector without having to spend a ton of money.
If you are convinced and are looking to purchase a projector, we have compiled a list of the best portable cheap projectors for under 100-150 dollars.
Cheap Projectors Under $150: My Top Picks
TMY Projector, Upgraded 8500 Lumens with 100″ Projector Screen
The TMY projector is the best projector under $100, the TMY projector is an excellent purchase for those looking for an extremely compact and portable movie experience. Small enough to fit in your pocket, this device is an excellent gift for anyone looking to enjoy movies on the go.
- Purchase of this device comes with a 3-month 100% Money Back Guarantee plus 3 years factory warranty
- Excellent screen quality for such a small device, according to consumers
- This projector produces excellent sound quality, even at louder volumes
Mini Projector, CiBest Native 1080P Projector Outdoor
The sleek and innovative design of the CiBest projector will easily impress. Even more so, the functionality of this device will keep you watching movies for hours on end. The enhanced brightness and noise reduction combined with the mobility of this device enable you to enjoy the movie experience in your home, backyard, or anywhere else.
- Comes with a 1-Year warranty from the manufacturer
- Consumers are impressed with the brightness that this projector produces for its images
- Built-in speakers have SRS Sound System, for an impressive experience even without adding your own speaker system
- This device has only one HDMI port which may be problematic for those who would like to hook up more than one system
- There is only one single leveling foot for this projector, which may hinder its use on uneven surfaces
TOPVISION 4000LUX Outdoor Movie Projector
This mini projector by Topvision connects your smartphone or laptop via a USB cable. This simple setup allows this projector to also work with Amazon Fire Stick, tablets USB sticks, and TV and will provide a clear and bright picture that will amaze you.
This Topvision mini projector is a perfect solution if you are creating a movie room on a budget. The best 1080p projector, this device is sure to project beautiful images from almost any device you will want to use.
- Consumers love that this projector is compatible with many different types of devices
- This device is extremely compact allowing it to be used almost anywhere
- USB connection capability allows for a simpler setup and operation
- Consumers have complained that the instruction manual can be a bit hard to follow
- The projector is not compatible with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime
GooDee Mini Projector, LED Pico Projector
This GooDee mini projector is perfect for anyone who is looking to enjoy the movie screen experience in their backyard or anywhere else they are on the go.
- The purchase comes with an 18 months warranty for the projector
- You can connect your Amazon Fire TV stick smartphone with this projector
- The device is set up as plug-and-play, making it extremely user-friendly
- This device will take several cords and adapters to hook up to your phone
- You will have to be close to the wall or screen due to the small projection size of this mini projector
Projector with WiFi, Portable Movie Projector, Mini Projector with Wireless Mirroring for Outdoor Movies
An excellent WiFi projector for under $150, the POYANK wireless mini projector is designed to support whatever you would like to watch on any device. It projects a quality picture with built-in speakers. A high projection capacity combined with high lumens ensures that this device will fit perfectly in your home to create a superior viewing experience.
- Capable of using wires or WiFi to connect your devices to this projector
- Buyers are quite happy with the brightness as well as the low noise factor when the projector is running
- Comes with built-in Airplay; an apple technology connecting your phone or tablet right to the projector
- Many consumers are not 100% happy with the built-in speaker system and have added additional speakers to enhance the sound
- There have been complaints that setting up the WiFi connections was a bit cumbersome
DBPOWER WiFi Projector, 9000L Full HD 1080p Video Projector
The DBPower video projector is a good projector for under $150. It has the ability to connect to almost any device and projects a large picture up to 200 inches. Excellent quality in image and sound, this device is backed by a warranty from the manufacturer that ensures your overall satisfaction with this product.
- The manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty with the purchase
- Produces a clear and bright picture without sacrificing sharpness
- Consumers are impressed with the sound quality that the built-in speakers produce
- The power cord on this device is quite short and may need an extension depending on your specific setup
- Some consumers had trouble with the screw-in kickstand
Tontion Upgrade 3400Lux Video Projector
This Tontion projector is convenient and produces an excellent image overall, even in brighter conditions. Built-in speakers optimize the sound of anything you are watching while the lumens and contrast ratio restore the true color of the projection display enabling a truly remarkable theater experience.
- The purchase comes with a 2-year money-back guarantee from the manufacturer
- Clarity and definition are premia with this device
- The picture looks great even in circumstances where there is more light than one would desire
- It may take some time to find the perfect orientation and brightness for your specific setup
- Some consumers have complained that this device was a bit difficult to set up initially
HOMPOW Projector, Native 1080P Full HD Bluetooth Projector with Speaker
The Hompow mini projector is an excellent buy for your money. Producing a vivid image supported by great sound for an overall tremendous viewing experience.
- Consumers love the quick and easy setup of this device
- The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty and free replacement with this purchase
- Buyers are impressed with the overall sound quality and volume of this projector
- Some buyers complained that picture quality is not stellar during daylight conditions
- Additional setup and adapters may be required to link your specific smartphone with this projector
Factors to Consider
Typically measured in lumens, the brightness of a projector’s image needs to coincide with the lighting of the room or space you will be using your device.
The higher the lumens, the brighter your image will most likely be. As an example, you will want at least 1000 lumens for a space with very little lighting indoors.
However, you will need to double the size if your room has a bit more light. For outdoor use, those projectors with 3000 lumens or more are ideal
When looking at brightness, it is also important to look to ensure that the color brightness is quite high. This will provide a crisp and sharper image with excellent vibrancy, which is what many people are looking for in their at-home projectors.
Your projector’s resolution determines the size of the image display. The higher the resolution means that there are more pixels used to create your image. A high resolution will create a clearer and sharper image. Higher resolutions are important for at-home projectors as higher resolutions allow you to sit closer to the screen without having to view a highly pixelated projection.
Lens zoom is a feature that may need to be considered if you are using your projector in a smaller space. This allows the image to be adjusted without moving the device at all. Whether manual or motorized, this feature can be very useful to have.
This feature is not always included in all projector types, so take this into consideration if you are contemplating setting up your device in various locations.
This measures the difference between the brightest and darkest areas of an image. A high contrast ratio on a projector will enable you to see the detail more clearly while adding dimension and depth to your picture. The light within a room does affect the contrast and should be considered when choosing and setting up your projector.
Here are some common questions that consumers typically ask regarding cheap projectors:
How is a projector screen measured?
The display image of a projector is measured similarly to how a television or computer screen is measured, from the top left corner to the bottom right of the screen (a diagonal measurement)
My projector lamp is dead, now what?
Unfortunately, the projector lamp can only last a certain number of hours. Once it has completed its lifespan, you will need to buy a replacement and change it within the projector itself. This is usually a fairly easy process.
What exactly is contrast ratio?
This refers to the ratio between light and darkness on a screen. The comparison takes the whitest and darkest black on the screen and compares the luminosity. This measurement
The best mini projector for under $150 is TMY Projector. This easily portable device will produce a very bright and colorful performance. It offers a widescreen size capability, ensuring it will provide excellent viewing no matter where it is displayed.
With the ability to connect this projector to virtually any device you can think of, you are sure to find overall satisfaction with this purchase.