Are you using the best speakers for your home theater or conference room projectors? Whether you are watching the latest movie in your living room or delivering a presentation for work, you want speakers that will pair seamlessly with your projector.
We’ve researched the best speakers for projectors to ensure that you will have the greatest quality sound to go with your high-quality video output. We analyzed various wired and wireless speakers for qualities such as durability, portability, power, and sound quality.
This article will help you find the best speaker system for your home or office projector.
Here are our top three recommendations based on the overall experience, look, ease of use, and cost.
- Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System: This sound system is superior for your projector. With Dolby Digital sound and a 165 Watt subwoofer, you are sure to get a theater-like experience in your home.
- JBL Bar 5.1 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Soundbar with True Wireless Surround Speakers: The sleek look and versatility of this speaker system will give your home or office a modern look with a surround sound experience.
- GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker with Built-in Subwoofer: This simple tower is the most affordable speaker on our list while still being a great wireless speaker for your projector setup.
Speakers for Projectors: My Top Picks
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
First on our list of computer speakers for projectors is the Logitech Z906. This speaker system allows for THX-certified digital surround sound.
This system comes with a subwoofer to add depth to your sound experience and can connect up to six devices simultaneously.
People who have purchased this speaker setup appreciate the strong bass sounds from the subwoofer as well as the wireless remote which makes setup and control a piece of cake.
- Provides cinema-quality surround sound with controls on up to six devices.
- The small console control remote allows you to set up and customize it easily.
- The initial setup of this system can be a bit tricky so you will want to follow instructions closely or have someone familiar with sound systems set this up for you.
JBL Bar 5.1 – Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar with True Wireless Surround Speakers
If you’re looking for the best sound for your projector with a minimal design, JBL has the system for you. This compact four-piece design packs a punch with its subwoofer and ultra HD soundbar.
The soundbar has detachable wireless speakers with 10 hours of run time to provide you with surround sound for watching movies. The speakers connect to the soundbar when you do not need surround sound.
Those who use this system love the rich bass of the subwoofer as well as the detachable surround sound speakers.
- Removable surround sound speakers allow you to choose when you want surround sound.
- The initial configuration of these speakers can be tricky but the results are worth the work.
GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker with Built-in Subwoofer
GOgroove offers excellent projector speakers and this Bluetooth tower speaker is among the best. The sleek and modern look of this speaker will add style as well as excellent audio to your entertainment system.
This speaker has a built-in subwoofer to give rich sound to your audio experience and the 3-year manufacturer warranty guarantees that you will enjoy this product for years to come.
People love this speaker for a home office or bedroom and say that the charging dock is great for playing songs from their phone.
- This tower speaker is a great value at just under $150.
- The top of the tower offers a charging station for your cell phone which can also be used as an audio output.
- Because this is only one speaker unit the audio output can be a little low if you want to use this as a soundbar for an entertainment system.
- However, it would work well for an office setting or bedroom.
Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
If you are looking for a simple soundbar that will pack a punch, the Yamaha YAS-209BL is a great option. This slim soundbar comes with a subwoofer for an extra boost to the audio to go with your projector.
This soundbar has an HDMI setup to connect directly to your sound system for ease and efficiency. The subwoofer adds depth to the sound which makes it perfect for any home theater system.
Customers who have used this soundbar appreciate its size and portability. They say that the wireless subwoofer is a great addition to their sound experience.
- The slim design of this soundbar allows it to be portable as well as powerful.
- Setup is easy with a plug-and-go HDMI connection.
- The subwoofer tends to cut out at lower volumes.
SAMSUNG SWA-8500S 2.0 Speaker System Wall Mountable
These wall-mountable speakers by Samsung can give you a surround sound experience without a large and seemingly complicated setup.
This system is easy to install and will work seamlessly with any Samsung audio products as well as wirelessly with other products.
Users love the simplicity in the design of these speakers which makes them easy to set up and manage. Many say that when properly set up, these speakers are some of the best they’ve ever owned.
- This speaker system is wall mountable to help create an even flow of sound throughout any room.
- The volume on the speakers can be tricky to control and you may have to do some troubleshooting before you find the right volume range for your preferences.
Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 Channel 1000W Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar
Nakamichi makes one of the best surround sound systems for projectors. This multi-speaker system comes with a soundbar, two subwoofers, and four two-way rear speakers to give you the ultimate surround sound experience.
This system created an industry first with dual subwoofers to give your home theater a sound experience similar to seeing a movie in theaters. With a total of six speakers to surround your room, you get 360 degrees of lifelike audio.
Those who use this sound system have said that they are on the edge of their seat with anticipation when watching movies in their home theater. Many say that the dual subwoofers create a home experience unlike any other.
- The dual subwoofers can be customized to be loud or soft depending on the audio experience you are looking for.
- This sound system is more expensive than others on this list but the difference in sound quality is well worth the extra money.
Enclave CineHome II 5.1 Wireless Home Theater Surround Sound System
These wireless speakers for projectors are designed to create a superior home theater experience. This startup company has made a name for itself with this fantastic six-piece sound system.
This completely wireless system eliminates the need for a complicated setup and lets you begin experiencing your home as a theater in minutes.
Customers of the Enclave CineHome appreciate the quick and easy setup process and the clear and crisp sound that the system provides. They say that the six-piece system provides rich surround sound.
- This system does not require an audio/video receiver or speaker cables which makes setup and use easy and wireless.
- At just under $800, this system is on the more expensive side of our list.
Bose Surround Speakers, Black & UB-20 Series II Wall/Ceiling Bracket Black
Bose is a well-known brand in the speaker industry and this Bose system provides good speakers for projectors with quick and easy setup.
The compact, two-speaker design can integrate easily into any home or office without taking up much space and the plug-and-play setup means they’ll be ready to use in no time.
People who use these speakers appreciate the sound quality of such a small design. Many say that the setup was extremely easy.
- Coming in at just under $300, this system is one of the more affordable speaker systems on our list.
- These speakers are compatible with certain existing Bose soundbars that you may have in your home or office.
- Because this is only a two-speaker system, there is less of a surround sound feel to your audio experience.
LG Electronics SPK8-S 2.0 Channel Sound Bar Wireless Rear Speaker Kit
This sleek soundbar with a subwoofer is a simple way to improve your audio experience without breaking the bank.
This system is wireless-ready and plug-and-play. While it will not give you a home-theater-like surround sound, it will enhance the audio of any office presentation or give your music a boost in your bedroom or home office.
Users of this speaker say that it is very easy to set up and get started. They say that the soundbar and accompanying subwoofer greatly improve their audio experience over regular speakers alone.
- For under $250, this soundbar will amp your usual projector experience for an affordable price.
- Because this is a soundbar with a subwoofer you are less likely to get a surround sound experience.
LG LHD657 Bluetooth Multi Region Free 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System
One of the more unique-looking surround sound speakers for projectors comes from LG. This stylish system will give a modern look to your entertainment system.
This unique five-speaker system has four small towers to place around the room as well as a subwoofer for extra bass. The receiver works wirelessly or through a USB connection to play whatever music or movie you desire.
Customers say that this system is surprisingly easy to put together and love it for its affordability.
- Four tower speakers allow you to hear your music from every direction in a room for total surround sound immersion.
- The subwoofer may have trouble detecting bass at lower volumes.
Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System
By far the most unique-looking wireless speaker system for projectors on our list is from Harman Kardon.
This system includes two small tower speakers and a down-firing subwoofer to provide you with a full sound experience for your room or home office.
People who use these speakers say that the sound quality is great but by far they love the minimalist look of the system.
- Out-of-the-box setup is quick and easy.
- You can request a manufacturer’s warranty from customer service to be sure that your system will last for a long time.
- Because these speakers are smaller they would work better for a smaller room and not as a home theater audio setup.
Onkyo HT-S3910 Home Audio Theater Receiver and Speaker Package
Onkyo offers an amazing seven-speaker with a subwoofer sound system to create a theater-like experience for your home projector system.
This device works with a built-in Chromecast, Apple Airplay, WiFi, Bluetooth, and more to give you plenty of options to play the movies and music you enjoy.
Users of this system say that it is excellent quality for the price and the easy setup was fast to put together.
- Seven-speaker system works with a variety of apps and devices to play music from your favorite source.
- You can set up multiple zones with this system which allows you to play audio in multiple rooms at a time.
- This is a more expensive system on our list.
Acoustic Audio AA5170 Home Theater 5.1 Bluetooth Speaker System 700W
Acoustic Audio makes an affordable six-speaker system to give your home or office a surround sound feel to match the high quality of your projector.
This Bluetooth speaker for projectors allows you to stream music from any Bluetooth-capable device and the subwoofer gives the audio a rich sound to match the video.
Customers of this system say that the speakers are lightweight and would be easily portable though the material seems like it may not take much heavy abuse. They love how easy it is to set up and pair with any Bluetooth device.
- This is the most affordable sound system on our list.
- The six-speaker system gives you ideal surround sound quality when playing sound from your projector.
- Comes in three different colors: silver, gold, and grey.
- This speaker system looks a little more traditional than some speakers on this list and may not integrate easily into a modern-style entertainment system.
Factors to Consider
When you are looking for the best portable speakers for projectors, there are a number of factors that you want to be sure to take into consideration. The importance of these factors will vary from person to person but each should be taken into consideration before making your final decision.
This list offers a variety of speaker sizes to choose from. Whether you want a surround sound system for your home theater or a simple soundbar for your office conference room, there are plenty of options to choose from. Of course, this brings us to our next factor: room size.
When shopping for movie projector speakers you want to consider the size of the room in which the speakers will be operating. If you plan for a home theater system, your best option might be a surround-sound speaker system.
If you have a smaller room like a home office or a conference room you will not need a large speaker system to deliver sound and can choose a smaller option. Klipsch.com has a great article about room size and speaker size.
A home theater is a more permanent setup than an on-the-go wireless speaker for presentations. Your intended use for the speaker will play a big role in deciding how portable you need the speaker to be.
Wired vs wireless
As with portability, you will want to consider your desired use for the speaker. If you want a permanent setup for your projector’s sound system, a wired option can offer more benefits.
However, if you plan to move your audio and visual setup frequently, or use your speaker with various projectors, a wireless option would be more practical.
A personal or professional budget is always an important factor to consider. You want to be sure that you are getting the best quality speaker possible while still remaining within budget.
Here are some common questions that arise when looking for external speakers for your projector:
Should I get a single source speaker or surround sound?
This primarily depends on your intended use for the speaker you want to purchase. Generally, surround sound speakers provide a better viewing and listening experience, however, such an experience is not necessary for a presentation or instructional video.
If you want a home theater, go for surround sound, and if you are looking for something for business, a single-source speaker will work just fine.
Does the size of the room affect how the speakers will work?
Yes. While smaller speakers work well for smaller spaces and larger speakers are generally considered better for larger spaces, the size of the speaker you choose and the available audio output depends on what you are hoping to achieve with the sound from your projector.
Soundbars work great in many situations where you only need audio coming from one source and the room is small to medium-sized. Larger rooms may require a speaker with greater output or even a surround sound system with audio coming from multiple sources.
How much can I expect to pay for my speakers?
Our list includes a variety of price ranges from just over $100 to just under $800. While cost is a significant factor in deciding which speakers will be right for your needs, you want to be sure to get the best possible speakers at a price you can afford.
Decide what type of speaker system you are looking for and the various uses you will have for it and then find the one that will deliver as many of your needs as possible without breaking the bank!
Making The Decision
When shopping around for the best speakers for projectors you want the best that will also stay within your budget. While every speaker on this list has its benefits, you want to consider intended use and cost into your consideration.
The Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System is one of the best systems on this list though it may be out of your price range. If that is the case, you can consider a more modest option like the GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker with a Built-in Subwoofer.
Consider if you plan to use it at home, in an office, or outdoors when making your decision, and consider room size when looking around.
Whatever your personal preferences, there are speakers for projectors on this list for you! Take a look and find your perfect wireless speakers today!