In this article, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro vs. Elite review, we’ll discuss the similarities and differences between the two Ring doorbell models. Having a video doorbell allows you to view who’s arrived at your home as well as converse with them! They add a terrific sense of security to the use of doorbells.
So, let’s check out each model, find out their differences, and determine why each stands out!
Ring Pro vs Ring Elite Comparison:
Ring Video Doorbell Pro
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is the perfect video doorbell for replacing your old doorbell. It’s also the best option for folks looking for a more traditionally sized doorbell, as opposed to the larger size of the Elite model.
The most convenient feature of the Pro is that it’s equipped to connect to the same power and wiring that your traditional doorbell uses.
Another factor that helps to differentiate the Pro from the Elite model is the WiFi connectivity capabilities of the Pro. While it wires into a transformer it connects to the internet via WiFi, which makes installation simple and hassle-free.
The bottom line is that the Ring Video Doorbell Pro boasts a nearly identical feature package to the Elite’s and does so at just under half the price. The Ring Pro is the best model for folks looking to replace a traditional doorbell, or those looking to install without professionals.
- The size is more comparable to a typical doorbell than the Elite model while providing the same video quality
- Easily replaces existing or old doorbells via connecting to the existing setup
- Comes with all of the mounting equipment necessary to complete the job
- There’s no need to hire a professional for the installation; can be taken care of in roughly 15 minutes
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty for any potential mishaps in the first year of ownership
- Is slightly less than half the cost of the Elite model
- Has to run on a doorbell transformer with the previously noted specifications; it cannot connect to a DC transformer/power supply
- Due to its WiFi nature, the Pro model is susceptible to dips in coverage and falling offline
Ring Video Doorbell Elite
The Ring Video Doorbell Elite comes with a lot of the same video specifications that the Pro model does. The video is captured in 1080p HD and sports a field of view that is 160º horizontally and 90º vertically.
This model is, however, a bit wider than the Pro model and certainly appears more obvious by your door. This model also isn’t the best model for someone replacing an existing doorbell, unless you don’t mind a full uninstall/install by a professional.
The Elite model requires an ethernet cable connection for both power (PoE) and internet connection. Because of this, the installation process is a task for a professional.
As does the Pro model, the Elite model comes with all of the brackets and necessary cables for installation, including a 50foot ethernet cable. Another feature that’s similar to the Pro model is the interchangeable faceplates, which allow you to blend the doorbell in with your home’s aesthetic.
The Ring Video Doorbell Elite is the best option for people looking for high-quality security and connectivity from their video doorbell.
The ethernet connection allows for this doorbell to remain connected at all times, unlike WiFi models that are susceptible to dropping offline or having skippy coverage. The price is rather high for this Elite model but it does come with every piece of equipment needed to get it going.
- Comes with all of the installation equipment you or your service person will need: low-voltage bracket, 50-foot, and three-foot ethernet cables, power kit, mounting hardware, screwdriver
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty should any problems arise in the first year of ownership
- Receives power and internet via ethernet cables so your connection is guaranteed secure and uninterrupted, increasing your security prowess
- Requires professional installation due to the need for ethernet connection which has to be run from your home’s modem
- The unit is much larger than the Pro model, making its presence very obvious
- The unit is more than double the cost of the Pro model with its most prominent advantage being a wired internet connection
The biggest takeaway is that the major difference between the Pro and Elite model is internet connectivity. Despite this being one of the few differentiating features, it makes a tremendous difference for those shopping primarily for the purpose of security.
If security is your intent behind buying a video doorbell, the Elite model is your best option as your connectivity will be practically guaranteed. For folks shopping for a video doorbell as an upgrade and cool way to interact with guests, the Pro model will get the job done.
Aside from the internet connectivity, the two models have a plethora of features in common. So regardless of the model you end up choosing, you’re guaranteed to get a high-quality video doorbell.