High-Quality Recliners – All of the Best Brands found Online
Recliners aren’t made the same as they were in the past: clunky, heavy pieces of thick fabric that were difficult to move around. However, many of the brands you might be familiar with still produce them, although the quality of new furniture has dramatically improved.
But how does one tell a good recliner from one that’s outstanding?
Through lots of research, we’ve found that the best electric recliner for elderly individuals can boil down to understanding the user’s posture, armrest height, and mid-back angle. And let’s not forget the layers of cushioning (including the kind of material that makes up the inside).
If you’re looking for a recliner and would like to know which furniture pieces possess all of these qualities, read up on the brands below. Ten are compared and evaluated so there’s a high chance that at least one will pique your interest. So without further delay, let’s get started!
Best Recliners for Seniors:
1. MCombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa
Have you ever visited a fancy shopping center before and come across the good recliners, the kind that can be rented for a set amount of time? The Mcombo Electric Power Lift is built very similarly. There are a lot of quality features provided here, some of which aren’t seen very often in other recliners.
A good example is the cup holders. They’re very deep, giving the sitter a nice relaxing place to lounge without needing to lean over for a drink. And since there are two, feel free to place additional drinks within your reach.
There are several color options for you to choose from, all of which blend in well with any number of interior design ideas. No matter if your existing furniture is antique or modern, there’s a style for this product that will perfectly match the room it’s placed in.
When lifting your feet off the ground, you’ll quickly notice how the recliner is reinforced in a way that prevents it from wobbling and shaking.
This is important, especially if you’re the type that hates the noises that similar furniture makes when someone shifts their weight while sitting down.
Fewer vibration also translates into a quality built product one that’ll remain in your living areas for a long time without falling to pieces.
However, be sure to clean the exterior properly. Failure to do so could result in the faux leather material becoming faded. This could also occur if you don’t clean it often enough, due to clothing rubbing against it.
Mild soap and water should suffice; don’t worry about breaking out the leather cleaner.
In the end, the Mcombo Electric Power Lift is the best power lift recliner for elderly individuals. The lift mechanism is easy to operate and requires hardly any learning curve. Not only will you be able to get on your feet quickly you won’t exert too much energy doing so. Highly recommended.
- Good color options that blend in with a variety of interior decoration styles
- Doesn’t wobble when the lift mechanism is activated
- Deep cup holders that are about the same size and the standard given to movie theater seats
- If not cleaned properly, the faux leather could discolor over time
2. Homall Recliner Chair Padded Seat Pu Leather
The Homall Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair, like most remote control recliners for elderly people, is operated with a small control. It’s wired to the recliner but contains enough slack for the cord to reach around the chair without the need of pulling it. Don’t take this as a criticism, however.
The cord won’t wrap around your body if you fall asleep; it’s not that long. The side pockets are reachable, a good place to store the remote when you’re not using it. Most people should be able to reach it without any issues, although it might be a bit awkward for shorter people.
Just pull your arm down to the sides until you feel the items that you want to grab. Overall, it’s easy to do this regardless of what position you have the recliner in.
The dark tone looks wonderful with other living room items that are identical in color. Yours should fit well in any area you place it in.
If you’re a heavyset individual, don’t worry about your weight affecting the cushioning.
It’s able to handle lots of pressure without breaking or retracting, staying firm but soft to the touch years after the device has been purchased.
There’s little that’s physically wrong with the Homall Recliner Chair. Still, if you tried to pull the remote with too much force, it could break.
Be careful to not handle it too roughly, and nothing of the sort should occur. Give this product a try if you need a recliner that’s great for senior citizens and the disabled.
- The side pockets are at arm’s length, making it easy to retrieve the remote (or anything else) that’s being stored inside
- Blends in well with modern furniture
- Lifts off the ground very quickly
- Padding doesn’t lose its shape regardless of the user’s weight
- While the remote works, it could break if the cord is carelessly handled
3. CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair
The Caanmov Power Lift is similar to other electric recliners for seniors that have lifting capabilities. But the unique factor comes in when looking at the padding within the chair itself. It almost feels like bits of memory foam were stuffed into the back, and that’s a very good thing.
You can sit back and let the chair work for you without the need of adding more pillows to get it “just right.” No sinking occurs and is very easy to get up when you’re done sitting down. No matter if you’re tall or short, your comfort level stays the same.
Its side pockets are very wide and large, but unfortunately, sit a little too low to the ground. As a result, it might be difficult for you to reach things on your own (when they’re placed in your pockets). Still, the Caanmov is a good option, especially if it will be used by people of various heights.
- Doesn’t sink the user into the back
- Built at a size that’s good for either tall or short individuals
- Won’t leave scratches or stains on walls
- Side pockets are wide but too far from the armrests
4. YESHOMY, Power Lift Recliner Chair with Massage and Heating Functions
The YESHOMY is a recliner chair for seniors that want something easy to set up from the start. If you look at a lot of recliner chair reviews, you would know that a complaint that’s often brought up is how the companies package their products.
Some of them are easier to open and assemble than others, but this one is a leader. When it arrives at your door, a quick cut through the box and slide will open it up. Just be sure that you’ve placed the chair in the areas you intend on sitting (and please, get some assistance from friends or family if you cannot do this on your own).
If you spill any food or drink on the recliner, it should be easy enough for you to get up without causing a permanent stain on the fabric. Just take a soft but abrasive cloth and scrub it out; most of the substance will linger at the top layer, unable to seep down into the inside.
As a result, fewer bacteria will grow if accidents like this occur, lowering the chances of you getting sick from the furniture piece.
While there is a lift mechanism featured here, you might find it a bit daunting to stand up with it. It can be done but requires a bit of practice.
Be sure to support yourself as best you can with the armrest. Ask for help if there’s any around, or place the recliner next to a sturdy surface you can use to keep from falling back into the chair with force.
It would help if the armrests were a bit thicker, but their small length doesn’t give much to grab onto in this instance, especially for smaller people.
In any case, the YESHOMY maintains a good position relative to the rest of its competition, mostly from the comfort that’s given when the user is in a sitting or flat stance when sitting down on it.
- Easy setup that can be completed without assistance (assuming one isn’t disabled)
- Spills and stains are easy to clean from the fabric
- The wide width makes it comfortable for sleeping in all positions
- The armrests are too thin and dense; not enough cushioning
- The lift mechanism may not be inclined enough to assist short individuals in an upright position
5. Real Relax 2022 Massage Chair of Dual-core S Track Recliner
The Real Relax 2022 Massage Chair is another recliner that’s likely seen in a shopping mall. They’re oftentimes placed in locations where people congregate, giving the sitter a quick massage that can ease tension in almost all parts of the body. Since this product is identical in such sophisticated features, it’s a top brand among recliners for old people. But don’t take this the wrong way.
Even younger individuals would like to sit down in this chair. The way it massages and pampers the back, arms, and legs will quickly ease any small pain. It’s therapeutic, a great addition for anyone that’s coming out of surgery or simply wants an alternative to the standard recliner chair. But truthfully, this isn’t a recliner at all.
While it does sit the user in a slanted position, you can’t angle yourself too far back. The zero-weight feature gives users the feeling of floating in the air, a unique quality unlike any of the other recliners shown in the reviews.
Even better is the massage chair’s smartphone integration capabilities. The company has an app (known as Real Relax) that allows the sitter to control everything that it’s capable of doing.
Just ensure that you have a plug somewhere close by to the machine since it’s so heavily reliant on power. Connections are done through Bluetooth; no WiFi is needed to keep the app operational.
Again, remember that this chair is very different from a normal recliner. It’s bulky and takes up a lot of space.
You’ll probably need to rearrange furniture when setting this in a small living room. The chair doesn’t blend in well with most furniture types and has no thick fabric padding. So long as you’re comfortable with this, then the Real Relax 2020 will be a big hit in your home.
- Can massage every section of the body that comes into contact with the padding
- Has a Zero-weight feature that gives the sitter a “floating” sensation
- There are two small wheels in the back of the recliner to lessen the difficulty in moving it around on carpets and solid floors
- Has a smartphone application (Real Relax) that controls all functions of the device through Bluetooth connectivity
- Eases muscle pain after exercise
- The feel of the chair when no functions are active could be a little awkward in comparison to other recliners with more fabric padding
6. Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Upholstered Power Lift Recliner for Elderly
The Signature Design by Ashley Yandel is a recliner with a lot of power behind its lifting mechanism. No matter how heavy you are, the chair will get you up and ready very quickly. It requires very little effort on your part, thanks to the powerful hydraulics at the recliner’s rear. As soon as you press the button on the remote, it’ll move immediately.
For anyone that lives alone, this is a perfect recliner to have and can keep potential injuries far away. The armrest’s padding is very thick and situated at a perfect height.
No matter how tall or short you are, you’ll find that it keeps your arms relaxed when the chair is in the normal position. But when it’s time for you to lift the footrest and kick back the rear, you’ll feel comfortable all the same.
Take note that the footrest doesn’t lift all the way, however. If want something that’s level with the base of the recliner, you should check out some of the other products shown. Depending on what you want in a chair (or the kind that you’ve used in the past), this might be taken as an acceptable or unacceptable attribute.
Recliner armchairs for the elderly are sometimes very loud, especially when the gears change after pressing the remote. This won’t occur here.
You’ll always get a good nap, or feel at ease since no odd noises will distract you from your comfort time. If this sounds good to you, then make the Signature Design your next furniture purchase. Stains and spills are easy to get up and all parts on its underside appear to be well made.
- Great armrest padding and height can assist the user when lifting themselves up (along with the lifting mechanism)
- The exterior consists of microfiber and resistant to stains and spills
- The gears move quietly when the chair is tilted to any angle
- The foot lift doesn’t turn to a complete horizontal angle; not flush with the seat
- The backrest is situated at an angle that could be uncomfortable unless a pillow is used
7. Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly Electric Massage Sofa
The Power Lift Recliner Chair for the Elderly has a sturdy back with sufficient padding around the neck area and good support along the lower back. With it, you can massage your back while you rest; the chair has several vibration settings that can relieve temporary aches and pains quickly. Just plug it in and let the recliner work its magic.
Recliners for elderly reviews will sometimes mention a lack of compatibility with other electronics, and smartphones most notably. With the Ergoreal, you’ll always have a place to charge your phone since the remote contains a USB port. So long as the recliner is plugged into a nearby outlet, your phone will stay charged whenever you’re sitting down.
- Good massage function along the area where the lower backrests; not too aggressive
- The corded remote as a USB port for charging smartphones or other compatible electronic devices
- Has sufficient cushioning along the upper and lower back, enough to where a throw isn’t necessary to sit down for long periods
- Stiff armrests
- The heating feature, while useful, takes a long time to arm up
8. Dorel Living Padded Dual Massage Recliner
The Doral Living Padded Dual Massage is a reclining chair for old persons that want something with a combination of traditional features and modern attributes.
If you look at the photos of the product in its description, you’ll see a small lever situated on the recliner’s right side. This is for you to turn up the footrest manually, while you use the remote to angle the backrest down.
While doing this, no rocking of vibrations will happen, keeping the noise level down when it’s time to shift your position. Be sure that you’re not carrying anything jagged in your pockets when sitting down on this chair. Doing so could risk the exterior fabric ripping; it can easily catch on to pointed objects.
- Has a traditional foot lift (lever release) that quickly brings the lower legs off the ground
- Not shaking when placed in a flat reclining position
- Fast assembly
- May tear easily if pointed or jagged objects are pressed against its surface
- Makes a loud squeaking sound when sitting down in the recliner (or activating any of the positions
9. Best Choice Products Electric Power Lift Linen Recliner Massage Chair
The Best Choice Products Electric Power Lift Chair is great for quickly getting without the help of people around you. Anyone that lives alone or is alone for several hours in the day will love how fast it operates.
Controls activate immediately when pressed with the remote. Little energy is required to stand up as well. Just place your hand on the armrests and wait for the recliner to pull the rest of your body upright.
The tilt is very strong but doesn’t move around when you’re pushed. Try to avoid spilling anything on the fabric if you can. It easily stains and is quite difficult to get out without lots of scrubbing. If you can keep it clean, you’ll find that this recliner works just as well as the others shown already.
- The armrest becomes slightly dense around the edges, providing the sitter with something to support themselves with when the chair lifts
- The footrest extends to a complete horizontal angle
- Good cushioning around the upper part of the backrest for tall people
- Stains are difficult to get out if substances are spilled on the recliner
10. Signature Design by Ashley 9760212 Recliner
Last but not least is the Signature Design by Ashley. While there are multiple benefits for men, women will love how easily the product is to get ready when taken out of the box. There’s not much to it, just lift the container and remove the plastic, sitting down afterward. Nothing has to be put together at all and the recliner is ready to use once that part is done.
The best recliner for elderly women will take the work out of the customer’s hands. Side pockets aren’t provided here. There’s no way for you to store anything inside of the recliner at all. If your living room is small, this might not be a problem. Nevertheless, make the Signature Design your next comforter if you want a product that doesn’t need to be taken apart (and put back together later).
- Everything is pre-assembled; no setup is required to use the recliner when taken out of the box
- Prompt control functions for reclining and lifting
- Sit lows to the ground when in the standard position, makes it easy for users to stand upright
- No side pockets provided
Finding the Right Recliner for You
When searching for a recliner, the first thing you’ll want to know is how well you’ll be able to adapt to the features provided by the product.
Comfortable furniture for the elderly makes it easier to stand up and sit down, or even sleep without going to bed. Recliners today will lift the sitter with a remote, one that’s usually wired into a motor in the chair’s back.
Remember, you’re getting a product that has been found to be quicker in recovery speed than a traditional hospital bed (when they’re adjustable). Ensure that you get one with proper maneuverability options.
Getting the best recliner for the elderly to sleep in requires knowledge of how far back the backrest will go when it’s at an inclined position. The best will look like a small mattress once fully extended. If this is what you would like to have, be sure to check the footrest as well.
Some footrests won’t extend to the same angle as the rest of the recliner, which could be a little odd feeling when you’re laying down.
Recliners for Elderly FAQ
Should I Consider how Far the Recliner Should Be Spaced from The Wall?
Comfortable recliners for elderly people usually require a bit of space for the user to extend it all the way back to a sleeping position. If you’re planning on doing this, leave it at least three feet between the wall and your recliner. You’ll find that it extends easier without you needing to physically move the chair.
Are Levers Quicker than Remote Operation?
They can be, although many of the recent brands have made this attribute a lot easier than reaching around to turn the lever. You can sometimes find recliners with manual and automatic controls.
Will the Lift Mechanism Tilt to A Full Right-Angle?
Many recliners will come close to a right angle but not all the way. Based on how tall you are, it might be possible for you to stand up without pushing yourself at all. Taller people will need to maneuver themselves more than others unless the chair is very large.
Making The Decision
What product from the list do you think is the best? Out of the ten reviewed, they’re all beneficial in some fashion, a piece of furniture that you can relax and not feel any pain when it’s time to stand up again.
But in case you haven’t made up your mind already, try out the Mcombo Electric Power Lift. Whether you’re tall or short, heavy or light, the chair can accommodate you.
It’s easy to set up and has great control features that respond quickly when pressed. Still, this isn’t a criticism of the other products. The best recliners for seniors are all here, whereby the other nine are perfect for individuals with a preference for niche-specific features. Find the one that you want and buy it when you’re done searching!